A Milwaukee Tradition ‒ The Great TV Auction!
Beginning April 27, we will be celebrating the launch of the 50th Great TV Auction. A much anticipated event, the Great TV Auction is broadcast live on Milwaukee PBS Channel 36 to thousands of Southeastern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois viewers and seen by thousands more via live streaming on milwaukeepbs.org.
The 50th Anniversary Great TV Auction will be held over two consecutive weekends (Friday-Sunday) beginning the weekend of April 27, 28, 29 and concluding the weekend of May 4, 5, 6.
The generosity Auction bidders allows us to provide our viewers informative, inspiring and entertaining national programs such as The Vietnam War, Victoria, Masterpiece Mystery and Antiques Roadshow together with wonderful children’s programing including Curious George and Sesame Street. Your donation to Great TV Auction also supports Milwaukee PBS production of award-winning shows including Around the Corner with John McGivern, 10thirtysix and ¡Adelante!.
One of the nation’s leading PBS auctions in prime-time viewer ratings and net revenue, the Milwaukee PBS Great TV Auction offers bidders an array of items including new features for the 50th Anniversary like
- City of Neighborhoods ‒ introducing viewers to local events and businesses to encourage exploration of Milwaukee neighborhoods and celebrating the Great TV Auction’s return to Milwaukee Downtown
- Wisconsin WOW! – highlighting the various travel destinations in Wisconsin and the businesses, cultural events and attractions that make them special
- Milwaukee PBS Neighborhoods – showcasing a variety of communities in Southeastern Wisconsin.
Favorite features return including
- Milwaukee PBS EATS ‒ connecting our viewership with the great restaurants, wineries, brewers and artisan food producers and merchants from across the state
- John McGivern Night – Around the Corner fanatics thrill at the chance to follow in John’s footsteps around Wisconsin, bidding on special on air presentations while John hosts the Auction
And of course all kinds of new merchandise, certificates for services, theater and cultural attractions and original and print art are auctioned-off to viewers bidding via telephone and the internet.